With our summer indulgence recipes over and done with it's time to get back onboard the healthy train, and what a great way to start than with a simple but delicious recipe for Chicken, Sugar Snap Peas & Quinoa.
OK so the proper title for this meal was Oven-Roasted Rosemary Chicken Thighs, Sugar Snap Peas and Quinoa Bowl Recipe, but that is a mouthful. The end result though is certainly more than just a mouthful.
And worry not, as despite the long title it’s really simple to make - it’s just one pan/skillet (aside from the quinoa or rice) and it’s basically hands off.
How could you not love juicy chicken thighs, rosemary, lemons, garlic and olive oil? All you do is put them all together in a pan and roast in a hot oven, no searing needed. And then toss in some sugar snap peas during the last bit of roasting so that you get some nice healthy greens in you.
Oven-Roasted Rosemary Chicken Thighs, Sugar Snap Peas and Quinoa Bowl Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 30-40 mins / Total Time: 45 mins
Serves 2-4 people depending on serving and appetite size
• 4 skin-on, bone in chicken thighs
• 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1-2 teaspoons rosemary
• 2 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• Salt and pepper
• 1 pound sugar snap peas
• Cooked quinoa, or grain of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2. In an oven proof baking dish, toss the chicken with the oil, rosemary, garlic, and lemon slices.
3. Season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the thighs skin side up. Roast for 30 minutes then add the sugar snap peas around the chicken thighs.
5. Turn to broil and continue to cook until chicken is slightly browned and sugar snap peas have started to blister, another 5 to 8 or so minutes.
6. Enjoy on top of cooked quinoa, or grain of choice.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to iamafoodblog.com