There is absolutely no reason why sausage, egg and cheese should go hand in hand with an iced doughnut, but it does, and on a sensational scale. It’s creative, hugely tasty, and could well be your new favourite breakfast recipe.
This post originally started out promoting British Sausage Week, which is running from October 31st until 6th November, but whilst looking for sausage recipes we came across the following and we were so amazed with it it really took over.
You can make this as quick and easy as you want. If you want to be completely hands on you can make the donuts and sausage patties yourself, but you can also readily buy these in.
And if you are still thinking ‘How’s do these even work together?’ then just try it - that sweet and squishy glazed doughnut getting all hot and friendly with that salty, savory, and meaty sausage pattie just can’t be done justice put into words.
Leicester City FC last season, super skinny jeans, and space travel all shouldn’t have been hugely successful but were. Don’t question it just enjoy the results.
Oh and it is worth mentioning that British Sausage Week is now in it’s 19th year and aims to promote the amazing range of sausages on offer around Britain. Why not try different ones in this recipe perhaps?
Sausage, Egg, And Cheese Doughnut Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
Serves 4 Sandwiches
Prep Time 5 mins / Cook Time 10 mins / Total time 15 mins
* 4 glazed doughnuts
* 6 eggs, scrambled
* 4 large (or 8 small) British sausage patties, cooked
* 8 slices of cheese (your choice of what)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice doughnuts in half lengthwise. Warm briefly in oven if desired.
3. Place cooked sausage patties on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and top with cheese.
4. Cook in oven until cheese is just melted, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Build your doughnut breakfast sandwich by topping with scrambled eggs and cheese-topped sausage patties. Serve with ketchup, if desired.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to sharedappetite.com