The Bacon & Eggs Breakfast Cup might just be the most handy early morning recipe we have ever have posted. It can be all the best things tucked into one cute little cup.
As well as being simple and quick to make, these cups are so versatile. Due to the fact they’re made in a muffin tin, each cup can be tailored to what each person likes to eat. This is especially great if you have kids who only want certain things.
And if you want to make an even more complete full English breakfast you can also load it up with tomato’s or mushrooms.
Servings: Serves 6 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
8 slices sandwich bread
6 slices bacon
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 large eggs
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1) In a large skillet or frying pan, cook bacon over medium heat. Under cook slightly, the bacon will continue to cook once in the oven.
2) Lightly butter 6 standard-sized muffin cups.
3) Use a rolling pin or your hands to slightly flatten each bread slice then use a cookie cutter, jar top or cup to cut into 6, 4 1/4-inch, rounds.
4) Cut each round in half, then press two halves into each muffin cup, the halves will overlap slightly. Make use of extra bread to patch any gaps.
5) Brush the tops of the bread in each muffin cup with melted butter.
6) Lay one bacon slice into each cup and sprinkle with a pinch of shredded cheese.
7) Crack one egg into each cup and season with salt and pepper then bake until the egg whites are just set, about 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Run a knife around cups to loosen and serve immediately.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to steamykitchen.com