If you looked on Twitter this morning you’ll have seen that the top 2 trends were #PancakeDay #Nutella
Now the hazelnut chocolate spread has long been a favourite of people for Pancake Day, but this year sales are expected to go through the roof as a tribute to Michele Ferrero – the owner of the company Ferrero that brought us amongst other things Ferrero Rocher, Tic Tacs, Kinder Eggs, and of course Nutella (which Michele Ferrero is credited as personally creating himself) – who passed away at the weekend ages 89.
The extra money brought in over the past few days probably won’t making a difference to his fortune, as he was already the richest man in Italy and the 20th richest man in the world, but we here at VM Life think it is a nice touch.
So with that said we thought we would post a little recipe for Nutella Berry Crepes. They are sweet and delicious, and stuffed with Nutella spread, strawberries, and raspberries.
Of course being crepes you really can fill them with anything that takes your fancy.
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp of sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 cups of milk
• 1 cup of flour
• 1 tbsp butter, melted
• butter for cooking the crepes
• strawberries, chopped
• Nutella hazelnut spread
1. Mix all the crepe ingredients in a mixer really well and let sit for a few minutes.
2. In the meantime heat a non stick frying pan with a ½ tsp of butterl really well. It is very important that the pan is very hot.
3. Pour ¾ of a ladle of the crepe mixture into the pan and spread the mixture to cover the entire pan, by rotating the pan. Leave about 1 to 2 min per side then flip over.
4. Repeat steps until you've prepared all the crepes.
5. Spread Nutella over the entire crepe and top with fresh strawberries, raspberries, or the berries of your choice, roll and serve.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to jocooks.com
If you enjoy them like we think you will make sure to give a nod of approval to Mr Michele Ferrero.
Happy Pancake Day!