Forget buying chocolate and flowers for your loved one on Valentine’s Day. Instead make these easy, cheesy Mini Heart-Shaped Supreme Pizzas! Perfectly shaped mini hearts topped with chicken sausage, veggies, and smoked mozzarella. You’ll totally steal their heart!
If you’re a woman reading this then we all know the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so he’ll love this, and if you a man reading this then the women will love this cause you have actually made an effort! It’s a win / win.
Joking aside if you want to show a little more affection on February 14th without spending lots of money on a big fancy dinner, make these Mini Heart-Shaped Supreme Pizzas.
Mini Heart-Shaped Supreme Pizza’s Recipe
Makes: Approx 10
Prep time: 10 mins / Cook time: 15 mins / Total time: 25 mins
- 1 pkg homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground chicken sausage
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced shallot
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup favorite pizza sauce
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Dust your counter top with flour and roll out pizza dough. Using a 5-inch wide heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out roughly 10 heart-shaped pizzas. Place the heart pizzas on a baking sheet and partially bake for about seven minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat a medium skillet to medium-high heat. Add olive oil and chicken sausage. Cook the sausage until no longer pink and remove with a slotted wooden spoon onto a plate. You might have leftover sausage depending on how much you use on the pizza. In the same skillet, add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms for a few minutes or until slightly golden brown. Next, add green pepper, shallot, salt and pepper. If you need to add a little more olive oil to the skillet that’s okay. Cook the veggies until softened about four minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Grab the partially baked pizza hearts and spread some of the pizza sauce on top leaving a small border. Top the sauce with chicken sausage followed by veggie mixture and cheese. Bake the pizzas for additional five to seven minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove the pizzas from the oven and garnish with fresh basil.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to climbinggriermountain.com