Why not treat your Mum to some homemade cakes on Mother’s Day. Pink Individual Raspberry Jam Cakes are topped with sweet raspberry jam, vanilla bean whipped cream, fresh raspberries and purple sugar. They look great and taste fantastic.
Something actually made by your own fair hand is always a great idea for Mother’s Day (March 26th), as it shows that personal touch, and these Individual Pink Raspberry Jam Cakes are truly amazing, light and fluffy, with a sweet raspberry jam filling, sandwiched between pink vanilla cakes and a sure fire hit.
They are also very easy to make, you just need a half sheet cake pan, and some patience to cut and assemble the mini cakes. The whipped cream frosting is a breeze to whip, literally minutes, and pipping it is so much fun, because I always end up snacking on it.
The cake is delicious, not too sweet, made with ricotta, that gives it a nice, rich texture. You can also add some pink food colour to make it more fun. You can also make smaller or bigger cakes by adjusting the quantities accordingly.
Pink Raspberry Jam Cakes Recipe
Prep Time: 45 mins / Cook Time: 40 mins / Total Time: 1 hours 25 mins
Serves: 6 cakes
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces full fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pink gel food color
- 6-8 ounces raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds only
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Purple sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a half sheet pan ( 18"x13"x1") with baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper, spray the parchment paper and dust the pan with a little flour, tapping out the excess.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the wire whisk, on medium speed beat the eggs, gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add ricotta cheese, oil and vanilla extract, mix until fully combined, pause to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients followed by the yogurt. Mix until blended, taking care not to overbeat.
- Transfer batter to the baking sheet, spread evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake must come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes, after that, with the help of the parchment paper, slide the cake from the pan, to the counter to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, trim the sides of the cake. Using a cake leveler, remove the brown top layer and level the cake to make it even.
- Using a stainless steel square form (or a knife and a ruler) cut the cake into mini cakes and set aside. Using a serrated knife, carefully remove the brown bottoms of the mini cakes. When cutting the mini cakes, make sure you have an even number of cakes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat heavy whipping cream, vanilla bean seeds and sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam on top of a mini cake, top with whipped cream, another layer of cake, followed by raspberry jam and whipped cream. Garnish with fresh raspberries and purple sugar. Repeat with the remaining cakes.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to peasandpeonies.com
And is baking isn’t your thing then check out our Mother’s Day Gift Ideas right here at Van Mildert.