With the Great British weather being kind to us at the moment we can be forgiven for thinking ‘Who needs a holiday abroad?’. All we need to do is just make one of these refreshing recipes, sit back, close your eyes, soak up some rays, and enjoy.
Grapefruit-Lime Cocktail with Ginger & Rosemary
Yields 4 drinks
Ginger & Rosemary Syrup:
- Big chunk of ginger (~30g)
- 10 small rosemary stems (~10g)
- 4 TBSP honey
- 2 cups freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup ginger and rosemary syrup
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup white rum
- Abundance of crushed ice
- 4 stems of rosemary
- A slice of pink grapefruit, cut in quarters
- Ginger & Rosemary Syrup: Cut ginger in thin slices and vigorously roll rosemary between your hands. Place them in a small saucepan and add 1 cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then remove from heat and leave to steep for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add honey.
- Grapefruit-Lime Cocktail: Pour grapefruit and lime juices in 4 glasses. Add ice, almost to the top of the glass. Pour over the ginger and rosemary syrup, and white rum.
- Decorate with stems of rosemary and slices of grapefruit.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to useyournoodles.eu
Sparkling Lemony Suze Pitcher Cocktails
Yields 6 drinks
Ingredients & Instructions
For the Lemon-Sage Syrup:
- 6 ounces water
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon) sugar
- 2 ounces fresh juice from 2 lemons
- Finely grated zest from 2 lemons
- 10 medium sage leaves
- Combine water, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sage in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil, remove from heat, and let stand 1 hour.
- Strain and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
For the Cocktails:
- 6 ounces Lemon-Sage Syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces Suze
- 1 bottle chilled Cava or other dry sparkling wine
- 6 strips lemon zest
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- The night before serving, combine the lemon-sage syrup and Suze in a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, add Cava, pouring slowly, and gently stir to combine.
- Split between six Champagne flutes, twisting a lemon zest strip over each and garnishing with a sage leaf.
For this and many more great recipes please head on over to stirandstrain.com
Kinky Pineapple Margarita
Yeilds 1 drink
- 1oz white Tequila
- 1/2oz Triple Sec
- 4oz Kinky cocktail
- 1oz Pineapple Juice
- 1oz Lime juice
- Simple Syrup
- Blue sanding sugar
- Lime wheel to garnish
- Use 2 appetizer plates, on one of the plates pour 1 tbsp of simple syrup. On the other one add the blue sanding sugar.
- Dip the rim of your glasses in the simple syrup and then in the blue sanding sugar and set to the side.
- Fill your glass 3/4 of the way full with ice.
- Use a bar shaker add Tequila, Triple sec, Pineapple juice and lime juice - shake well to combine.
- Add to your ice.
- Top with Kinky cocktail.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
For this and many more great recipes please head on over to myincrediblerecipes.com
Pomegranate Mint Cocktail
Yields 8 drinks
- 4 cups Pomegranate kernels
- Small bunch of Mint Leaves
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- Aerated water (soda water), as needed
- Ice cubes, as needed
- 1/2 fl oz Apple Vodka, (or any vodka) per glass (optional)
- Blend the pomegranates in a blender along with water and extract the juices. Strain to remove any residue and pour the juice into a large pitcher.
- Add the salt, juice from the lemons, ice, soda and stir. Check the taste and adjust to suit your taste by adding more lemon, salt or soda.
- Adjust the strength of the juice by adding more water if required. Sugar is optional.
- Add the required amount of vodka and serve.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to archanaskitchen.com