Well we are just over 1 week into the New Year, and how many people’s resolutions to eat healthily have already been broken? If they haven’t then well done and here is a delicious smoothie recipe for you. Healthy, filling, creamy and full of flavour.
Smoothies are a great way to keep your diet in check, and this one is quick, easy and super healthy. Loaded with fibre, vitamins and protein this lean, green smoothie is also vegan, raw, and can be part of a paleo diet.
No fruits are off limits, so the choice of flavor is yours.
The New Year Healthy Smoothie Recipe
* 5 - 10 minutes
* 1 cup/240ml almond milk (see tip 1 for nut-free alternative)
* 1.5 cups kale (see tip 2)
* 1 - 1.5 peach, stone removed
* 1/2 a ripe avocado, stone removed, peeled
* 1 tbsp almondbutter (see tip 4 below for nut-free alternative)
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 date for sweetness (optional, read tip 3 below)
* A handful of seasonal fruit
* A tsp of almond butter
* Edible flowers
Simple as simple can be.
* Place all the smoothie ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
* Serve immediately and add the toppings of your choice.
Tip 1: You can use a seed milk, soya milk or rice milk if you would like to make this recipe nut-free.
Tip 2: Cutting the kale into smallish chunks will make for an easy blend.
Tip 3: It's really important to use ripe and sweet peaches so that the smoothie tastes great. if not, you may have to use a date for sweetness.
Tip 4: Please use tahini if you'd like to keep the recipe nutfree
For this and more great recipes please head on over to thelittleplantation.co.uk