Baked eggs with goat cheese, sweet potato & veggies - these breakfast pots have everything you need to get your day off on the right foot. Satisfyingly packed with flavour you can now venture out into the cold and take on the world……or whatever your morning holds.
The recipe below is actually vegetarian, but you can easily make it vegan by substituting the cream for coconut milk (taking out the goat cheese as well) and adding chickpeas to the veggie mixture instead of eggs, or alternatively make it non-vegetarian by introducing sausage or bacon to the dish.
The recipe is also for 4 individual breakfast pots, but alternatively (and probably easier) there is nothing stopping you from just making this is one big pan and then splitting up into individual portions.
Also for ease the filling can also be made the night before and then all you have to do in the morning is crack some eggs on top and throw them in the oven. The spice factor of the harissa is taken down quite a bit by the addition of the cream so it is not overpowering (thinking of those sensitive morning tummies) but it does give you a nice pep in your step.
The Ultimate Breakfast Pot Recipe - Harissa Baked Eggs With Goat Cheese, Sweet Potato & Veggies
• 4 eggs
• 1 large sweet potato
• 1 onion
• 1 red pepper
• 1 head of broccoli
• 2 tbsp of olive oil
• 2 tbsp of butter
• 1/3 cup of goat cheese
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1/2 cup harissa
• Handful of fresh cilantro
• Squeeze of lime
• Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Chop the sweet potato into small bite sizes along with the pepper, broccoli and onion. Place the sweet potato, pepper and onion in a large oven safe pan and toss with the olive oil and butter.
3. Bake the sweet potatoes, pepper and onion for 20 minutes and then add the broccoli and bake for another 15 minutes.
4. Once the potatoes are soft and browned take the pan out of the oven and add in the cream, harissa and goat cheese and mix it all together. Next crack four eggs on top and bake for another 18-20 minutes or until the eggs are done to your liking.
5. Serve garnished with cilantro, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to lyndseyeden.com