Believe it or not tomorrow is National Cheese On Toast Day. Now we know the weather forecast doesn’t look great so we have taken both these into account, and if you want to serve a hot, spicy, crispy and great looking snack here is recipe for Chilli Cheese Toast.
It is a quick and easy to make. Its a great dish for snacks and starters, and one kids will love just as much as adults. In this recipe of Chilli Cheese Toast they have used brown bread as its more healthy, but you can use white bread if you like. And for the toppings also there are many variations. They have used capsicum and corn but you can use jalapeno, paneer etc.
Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 17 Minutes
Total Time: 27 Minutes
• 8 slices Brown Bread
• 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1/2 tablespoon Butter
• 1/4th Cob Corn
• 1/2 Capsicum
• 1/2 Onion
• 2 Green Chillies
• 1/4th tablespoon Pepper Powder
• 1/4th tablespoon Herbs
• 3 cubes Cheese grated
• Salt to Taste
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees while we prepare our vegetable mix.
2. Boil the corn and grate it. Finely chop the onion, capsicum and green chillies.
3. Mix all the veggies in a bowl.
4. Add 1 cube grated cheese, salt, pepper powder and herbs and 2 drops of olive oil.
5. Mix all the ingredients well. Our vegetable mix is ready.
6. Place an aluminium foil on the oven tray and place slices of Brown Bread.
7. Lightly grease each bread with melted butter.
8. Spread the mixture of vegetables uniformly on each bread slice.
9. Put a second layer of remaining grated cheese on top of the veggies.
10. Place the tray in the preheated oven.
11. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Chilli Cheese Toasts are ready.
12. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, cut into triangular pieces and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to vegrecipeworld.com