No fancy names or gimmicks needed here, just maximum taste and guaranteed enjoyment with a Classic Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe.
No recipe that has a link to an event or a certain time of year. Nothing with any health benefits, or a new ‘Superfood’. We’ve just simply dug out a favourite recipe of ours.
Of course something that runs true with almost every recipe we publish is that it really is down to the creator what ingredients and how much of those go into it – Prefer a certain type of cheese? Go for it. Don't like gherkins? Don’t bother with them. It really is down to you.
The only real recommendations that needs to be made is not to scrimp on the quality of the beef mince and bacon. The better quality the meat the more satisfying the burger & it’s not rocket science.
Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins / Cook time: 20 mins / Total time: 40 mins
For the burger patties:
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1kg beef mince
* Large handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
* Black pepper (to taste)
For the cheeseburgers:
* Sliced cheese
* Bacon, cooked to your preference
* Fresh lettuce
* Ripe tomatoes, sliced
* Butter-toasted bread rolls
1. Fry the onion in a large frying pan in a splash of olive oil until golden brown. Add the garlic and fry for another 30 seconds then remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Mix the cooled onions with the beef, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper. To test the seasoning, fry a teaspoon-full of the mixture in the pan you cooked the onions in. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
3. Divide the mixture into 5-6 (depending on how you big you want the patties), and form patties with wet hands.
4. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
5. When the patties have rested, heat a large cast iron pan/griddle pan until hot then cook the burgers until charred and cooked to your preference (you can also cook the burgers on a braai/barbecue).
6. Remove from the heat, top with the cheese and cover with foil for 2 minutes.
7. Top the buns with a generous spoonful of mayo, lettuce, tomato, the patty with cheese and finally bacon.
8. Serve immediately.
For more delicious recipe’s like this please head on over to simply-delicious-food.com