There is one key ingredient (pardon the pun) that whichever recipe we promote almost always tends to have, and that is ease. Naturally it has to look good and taste fantastic, but it has to have some ease about it to prepare and make.
This Egg Stuffed Baguette is no exception.
You basically fill up a baguette with yummy ingredients like eggs, leeks, cheese, bacon… etc.
In fact, you can easily customize this recipe. If you are serving this for breakfast, you can include your favourite breakfast foods. If your kids / friends / relatives love sausages, feel free to stuff some sausages in the baguette. You can serve this with any condiment that you prefer. This one used mayonnaise and barbecue sauce with theirs.
This egg stuffed baguette is really delicious. If you are looking to make something a bit special for breakfast this weekend, forget the usual bacon and eggs or pancakes. Try this Egg Stuffed Baguette instead! It is just like having an old time favourite breakfast with a new packaging!
• * 2 small baguettes
• * 4 large eggs
• * 3 tablespoons heavy cream/buttermilk
• * 3 ounces cooked spicy sausage - cut into 1 cm cubes
• * 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• * 1 small onion - sliced
• * ½ small green pepper - diced
• * Salt and black pepper to taste
• * ¼ cup cheddar/mozzarella - for topping
1. 1 - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. 2 - Cut off the top of the baguette and hollow out the inside.
3. 3 - In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and cream/buttermilk. Stir in sausage, onion, peppers, cheese, salt and pepper.
4. 4 - Divide filling into two equal parts and fill the baguettes.
5. 5 - Cook baguettes on a baking sheet and bake for 30 mins.
6. 6 - Top with more cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the eggs are set.
7. 7 - Top with drizzles on barbecue sauce and mayonnaise.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to maya-kitchenette.com