If you're looking for something a bit different to drink this Bank Holiday, then why not try the Fresh & Spicy Rose Water Margarita recipe.
A twist on a classic this colourful looking drink is the perfect party pleaser. With the optional extra of warming jalapeños and 'rosy' ice cubes to finish off the look and pack a punch, what more could you want to kick start the Bank Holiday!
What You'll Need
• 3-Ounces White Tequila (Blanco) - Spicy, if Desired
• 1-Ounce Grand Marnier (or Other Orange-Flavored Liqueur)
• 2-Ounces Fresh Lime Juice
• 1-Ounce Rose Water (~ Make sure you use "food grade"!)
• (Optional) Splash of Cold Water
• For Garnish: Extra Lime Slices, Pink Himalayan Salt, Rosebuds, Jalapeño Slices
1. If you want to spice your tequila, add a slice of jalapeño to a bottle or jar. The tequila will take on the flavor quickly, so you only need to let it marinate for an hour or two (if that), when using a small jar.
2. Rim your glass with lime juice from the extra lime slices, and salt, if desired. Set aside.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice and rose water. Shake well. Strain into glass.
If you want to make "rosy" ice cubes as I did here, place 2-3 buds in each slot, and fill only ¼ of the way full, and freeze (This will keep the buds from floating to the top and sticking out.). Once frozen in place, top with the remaining water, and freeze until solid.
For this recipe and much more, head to JJBegonia.