If you're one of those people who claim not to be a morning person then this recipe might be just be the thing for you. Kick your breakfast game up a notch with The Ultimate Breakfast BLT.
Everyone hates mornings. Ok that might be a generalisation, but almost all of us just want that extra 10 more minutes when we have to get out of bed, or wish we had gone to bed earlier, and swear that we WILL tonight. It’s also something we think we will get better at the older we get……but we don’t.
However the pain of getting up might well be eased if you could get up to this every morning.
Fresh lettuce, crispy bacon, roasted tomatoes, creamy avocado mayo, and a delicious sunny side up egg – it's pretty much breakfast heaven, especially when you add an English Muffin to the equation.
In fact it’s so tasty you might just might not just assign it as a breakfast treat. It could easily accommodate itself for a lunch or evening meal. In fact if we have it as one of those does that mean we can have longer in bed?
Ok here’s the important bit…
The Ultimate Breakfast BLT Recipe
Prep time: 10 Mins / Cook time: 45 mins / Total time: 55 Mins
• 2 Cobblestone Bread Co, Original English Muffins, toasted
• 2 fresh roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
• 2 leafs fresh lettuce
• 2-4 slices bacon, cooked as preferred
• 1 avocado
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup real mayo
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 2 large leafs fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Place tomato slices on parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle tomatoes with a pinch of salt and the basil. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake tomatoes for 45 minutes. Once finished, set aside. (Note: roasting the tomatoes in optional)
4. While tomatoes are roasting, make your fried egg. You can cook the egg however you like best; I chose sunny side up. Set aside.
5. Combine sliced avocado, mayo, and garlic in a blender. Blend until well combined. If too thick, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
6. To assemble sandwich, spread avocado mayo on the inside of each half of your toasted English muffin. Top the bottom half with 1 piece lettuce, 2 slices bacon, 3 slices roasted tomatoes, 1 fried egg, and the top of the English muffin.
7. Repeat with second English muffin.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to thecookierookie.com